20 Days Closer - Devotional #3
“But if I were you, I would appeal to God;
I would lay my cause before him.
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted." ~ Job 5:8-9
As Y.V.C.S enters this season of dedicated prayer, we realize we are asking God to move in a big way. We are asking for a miracle. We are putting our heads down and driving forward the best that we can, but nothing will happen apart from the work of the Lord. I find it fitting to remind us of His workings in the past. God is no stranger to miracles. He’s no stranger to provision and answering the prayers of His saints. So, as we work diligently during this time, we also reflect on His faithful and providential works of the past, both in our lives and as outlined in Scripture, reminding ourselves of His great power and glory.
Many of God’s amazing miracles were chronicled in the stories of the Bible including:
Creation itself, Jesus’s death and resurrection, senior citizen’s getting pregnant, burning bushes that speak, many miraculous plagues, parting of a sea to free slaves, bread from heaven to feed a nation in the desert, knocking down Jericho’s walls, defeat and victory of armies multiple armies in defiance of the odds, a donkey that spoke Hebrew, the sun standing still, responded to pray by fixing a drought/fire/rain/starvation, healed life-long blind/deaf/mute people, made an axe head floated on water, helped a man survive inside of a large fish for 3 days, protected a man during his overnight stay in a den of hungry lions, helped a virgin give birth, turned water into wine, made a paralytic dance, healed unhealable diseases, raised people from the dead, walked through a crowd at a stoning, fed 5,000 with a loaf and 5 fish (twice), walked on water, calmed a raging storm from a boat, cast out demons, helped a man who drank poison not fall ill, helped a man survive a poisonous snake bite and inspired over 40 different people to record His great works on behalf of mankind in the Bible itself.
God has done all these miracles for the sake of those who fear Him and for the glory of His name. We are asking Him to move for the same reasons here and now at Y.V.C.S. He has proven Himself faithful in the past, and He will do so again. Contemplate again on our ineffable God, full of power, authority, and glory, who works on behalf of His children according to His perfect will. Day by day, God is able to take what was formless and desolate and with a simple command, speak creation into existence.
Truly, God has the power to turn our world upside down. He has the power to move our school to exactly where He wants it. Please pray continuously with us these 20 days to implore the Lord to answer our prayers and supply our needs. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
- Mrs. Anna Sturbaum
- YVCS Board met with Elders from two of the possible campuses this week, negotiations are in process
- The board reviewed the resources generated over the past few months and confirmed we have substantial resources pledged toward the move
- The timeline for the move this summer has already been set and seems ideal for a move this summer
- Continue to Pray for the negotiations at our upcoming campuses
- Pray for health, energy and focus for our staff, leadership and board related to this great effort
- Pray that God would increase resources to enable us to move effectively and efficiently this summer
Call To Action:
- Please post an invitation to the Mother/Son dinner event on Feb 10th on your social media
- Set a meeting with the pastor of your church, talk about the mother/son event and give him/her free tickets to the event (*see the office for more details)