#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
In 2015, over 700,000 individuals raised over $116,000,000 dollars. You read the number of zeroes correctly, in one day alone, over $116 million dollars were raised!
Today, November 29th, 2016, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving. Anyone, anywhere can get involved in #GivingTuesday and give back in a way that is meaningful to them. From fundraising to volunteering to pro bono service, #GivingTuesday is a great way to engage your community and to become a part of a larger worldwide movement that promotes generosity. You are the most important part of making this movement a reality.
Here are a few ways that you can help YVCS get involved in the #GivingTuesday movement:
It's #GivingTuesday and we're excited to be a part of the CrowdRise Giving Tower. If we raise the most money today, we'll win a $25,000 donation.
1) Any amount makes all the difference so thank you so for helping us make this #GivingTuesday our most charitable day of the year.
• The CrowdRise Giving Tower is a tower built in virtual reality that shows the cumulative impact of #GivingTuesday.
• Every donation you make today adds a brick to the Giving Tower.
• You can watch the Tower grow in real time on the free VR app.
• If we raise the most money today we will win a $25,000 donation to our cause.
2) Promote our cause to your friends, co-workers and family via your social media networks (FaceBook, Twitter, etc.) share our CrowdRise page via your social media network. Click on the link below to go to our page on CrowdRise and then share it!
3) Promote our cause to your employer. Corporations are always looking for great causes to endorse specially through year end charitable donations that are tax deductible. YVCS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and therefore any donation made to our cause is tax deductible.
The charity that raises the most online on #GivingTuesday, from 12:00am ET - 11:59:59pm ET, will win $25,000 for their cause.
Start time: 12:00am ET
End time: 11:59:59pm ET